Fruits to Help Boost Your Energy
Feeling slightly fatigued during the middle of the day is something that we all can relate to. Fighting back a yawn in the middle of an important meeting at work or losing focus while working are all signs of depleted energy levels. The cause for feeling low on energy could be a heavy lunch or a hectic day.
So what does one do to get rid of the lethargy? Some of us opt for caffeine-laden beverages like tea or coffee or other energy drinks. A healthier way to boost one’s energy would be to eat some fruits. Easy to carry, hassle-free, packed with loads of nutrients - fruits are vital for good health and overall maintenance of your body. To make life simpler, we have picked out 5 super fruits that aid in keeping the energy levels high throughout the day.
- Banana – Bananas are a great source of complex carbohydrates, potassium, Vitamin B6 and natural sugar- all of which are great for enhancing your energy levels. Bananas are easily digested and provide instant energy. No wonder sportsmen and athletes swear by these yellow fruits.
- Papaya – Papaya not only boosts your energy but also strengthens immunity and supplements various aspects of health with its anti-inflammatory benefits. This tropical delight is high in antioxidants and fibre making it a perfect addition to your daily diet.
- Orange – The powerhouse for energy and Vitamin C. Oranges are essential for enhancing your energy levels. This high-energy fruit has natural sugar that helps in reducing fatigue levels.
- Avocado – Avocados are filled with healthy fats that are used as a natural energy source and help your body store nutrients. The fibre in avocados maintains steady energy levels. The fruit is a high source of Vitamin B which is used by the body to convert food into energy. So the next time you go grocery shopping, be sure to pick an avocado.
- Apples – An apple a day keeps the doctor away is what we have been taught as kids. And it does make sense. Apples contain a host of nutrients like fibre, Vitamin C and natural sugar that perk up your energy levels. Add apples to your breakfast or post-workout snack time.
Fruits are the best natural option for providing you with abundant energy levels. Unlike artificial and synthesized drinks, fruits are a natural powerhouse of energy. So, the next time you feel worn out or tired - snack on fruits to increase and maintain health and energy levels.