Staying healthy at work
We spend a great amount of our time at work, so it is vital to keep our health in check there too Here are 6 tips to help you stay healthy while at work:
- Stay active - try walk around hour if you can and get away from your screen. Idea - park your car slightly further away from the office to get a few more steps in.
- Take small breaks – Small breaks help us process and retain information better, these small breaks make us more productive. You should also take a break to manage your stress levels every few hours. Have a chat with a colleague, grab some water or do some stretching!
- Stay hydrated - keep a water bottle on your desk or close to you at all times as a reminder.
- Organize your work station - this is about improving your workstation setup to limit body strain and make you more comfortable. Sit close to the desk with your upper arms parallel to your spine, ensure your legs are bent at a 90 degree angle at the knees, try lifting your screen to avoid neck and back strain.
- Work buddies - having a good friend at work to boost performance, morale and overall productivity!
- Meditate – Meditation can do wonders for refocusing the mind and any stress or tentions you may be feeling
- Eat healthy – This is not always easy and we don’t always have time to plan or prepare every meal when you’re working a 9 to 6 job. Bringing your meals to work will help you stay on track, instead of grabbing the easiest meal available, which most of the time tends to be unhealthy.