If there’s one thing that the past couple of years have taught us is the importance of having a strong immunity system. Building a robust immunity system comprises of eating healthy, being active and doing exercises, getting adequate sleep and being stress-free. Let’s talk about how we can amp up our body’s power to fight off diseases and infections by practising healthy dietary habits.
It’s no secret that foods can build your immune system and help you stay healthy and fight illnesses. So, what kind of food is good for building the immune system? A healthy, balanced diet is important for supporting your immune system. Essentially, a diet that‘s rich in vitamins, minerals and antioxidants should do the trick. Eating a low-fat diet may also be protective. Studies have shown that limiting dietary fat helps strengthen immune defenses.
It’s important to note that no single food or nutrient will prevent illness. We have listed out the key dietary components for having a robust immune system –
- Vitamin C – Vitamin C stimulates the formation of antibodies, and the production, function and movement of white blood cells. Citrus fruits like oranges, grapefruit, strawberries and tomatoes are a great source of Vitamin C.
- Vitamin A – Vitamin A helps protect against infections by keeping skin and tissues in the mouth, stomach, intestines and respiratory system healthy. Orange and red fruits, vegetables like carrots, apricots and bell peppers have a high Vitamin A content.
- Vitamin D – Vitamin D helps regulate antimicrobial proteins that can directly kill pathogens. Sources include sunlight; fatty fish, like salmon; egg yolks; and fortified dairy.
- Vitamin E – Vitamin E works as an antioxidant to protect the integrity of cell membranes from damage caused by free radicals. Include seeds, nuts, vegetables oils and peanut butter to get your share of Vitamin E.
- Iron – Iron is a component of enzymes critical for immune cell function. Red meat, beans, nuts and fortified breakfast cereals are rich in iron.
- Zinc – Zinc is needed for wound healing and supports immune response. It can be found in meats, whole grains, milk, seeds and nuts.
At Meals On Me, we know that a busy daily schedule can keep you away from preparing your own immunity-boosting meals. And that’s why we offer you fuss-free healthy meal plans that are filled with vital nutrition that boosts immunity. Be it our Lunch & Dinner Plans or our Monthly Meal Plans, Say hello to chef-crafted meals designed to offer more in every bite in terms of health and taste. Meals On Me is your perfect healthy meal delivery service in Dubai catering to your healthy dietary needs.